In person. June 23 – 29, 2024 at Inspire Yoga in Tromsø, Norway
Explore how stretching, chakra meditation, and the anatomy of your spine interrelate. While learning why the one sized approach to teaching backbends is non beneficial to your students. Discover skeletal variation and the functional movements of your spine to understand what’s stopping your students in their spine related yoga poses, not only applicable to Yin yoga.
In this 50-hour training you will learn through theory, practice, laboratory of poses and mnemonics, the study and development of systems for improving and assisting the memory. A truly unique and fun way to learn your anatomy applied to Yoga.
You will also learn something rarely taught in most Yin Yoga trainings, the crossroads of chakras, meridians (energy lines in Taoism) and equivalent nadis (Energy lines in Tantra). Get ready to journey into your spine.
Join Kathy, assistant to functional Yin Yoga founder Paul Grilley, on this 7-day non-residential yoga alliance Yin yoga & chakra meditation teacher training in magical Tromsø, Norway.
Upon completion you receive a 50 hour certificate recognized by Yoga Alliance. This counts as a stand-alone certificate (Continuing Education) or applicable to 2Y Functional Yoga School 200h or 300h Teacher Training. Email us if you have any questions.
Here are the main topics that we will cover in unit 3. Yin Yoga & Chakra meditaiton Teacher Training
• The functional approach to Yoga:14 skeletal segments of movement, 10 myofascial groups and 7 archetypal poses.
• Anatomy of the hips, upper body and star focus of the training, the spine.
• Part I. segments of movement of the spine.
• Part II. Muscles of the torso.
• Part III. Skeletal variation of the spine.
• The mandalasana (circle of yin yoga poses), core poses and variations.
• The three spine focused Yang archetypes.
• Variations, adjusting and parameters of alignment.
• Yang sequence for the spine: Golden Seed and Golden Egg.
• Energetics of the spine, tantric (prana vayus, chakras, mudra) and Daoist (meridians of your upper body).
• Sequencing with the mandalāsana.
• Two types of Yin Yoga sequences for the spine.
• Daily sadhana and asana practice.
• Sadhana will be focused on mantra, pranayama, mudra and chakra meditation.
• Asana practice will evolve around different themes physical and energetic, primarily focused on the spine.
8am – 8:45am, breathwork & meditation
8:45am – 9:15am, breakfast
9:15am – 12:15pm, Theory & āsana practice
12:15pm – 1:15pm, Lunch
1:15pm – 4:15pm, Experiential anatomy (skeletal variation), Laboratory of poses and practice teaching. *schedule may vary.
• In person teachings of theory and practice of the functional approach to Yin Yoga & chakra meditation at Inspire Yoga.
• Four printed manuals: Sadhana, theory, āsana workbook and energetics.
• Illustrated in color PDF of all the Yin Yoga poses in one birds eye view (the mandalasana) and the seven archetypes.
• Kathy Páez Yoga tote bag.
Space is limited to assure a quality training.
>> Enroll here. <<
Who is this training for?
For teachers or practitioners looking to deepen their knowledge in functional anatomy (skeletability and flexibility) and beyond āsana magic: theories of the subtle body, chakra meditation, meridians and nadis.
“This training opened my eyes to understanding why some backbends truly felt impossible for me. It was also refreshening to learn the theories of the chakras from a different lens. Kathy has extensive knowledge and teaches from the heart.”
Doris, Founder of Yoga Studio Hatha Yoga Integral, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Meet the teacher
Kathy is a teachers’ teacher, has been teaching for 20+ years, is an author and assistant to Yin Yoga founder Paul Grilley. Read more about her here.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need a strong background in Yin Yoga or anatomy before studying this training?
It is advisable to have practiced Yin Yoga for at least 6 months before embarking on a training but you do not need a previous training or anatomy studies to join.
What if I took a previous Yin Yoga teacher training? We get plenty of people taking our Yin trainings who have studied yin previously and they find themselves learning more and new things that were not touched upon in their previous training. Consult with Kathy if you have any questions regarding this.
Do I need to have studied Unit 1 or 2 with Kathy before attending this training?
No, this training reviews all the principles of the functional approach at the beginning of each unit. It can be taken as a stand alone training or applicable to the 200h or 300h 2Y Functional Yoga School curriculum.
Will I be able to teach Yin Yoga after this training?
It depends on your years of practice and experience teaching. Some students feel ready with shorter trainings but 50h is a good base to be able to start teaching a yin yoga class a week.
Will I be able to teach Yin Yoga workshops after this training?
It depends, but we do strongly advise to study at least 100h for workshops and 300h if you plan to host a Yin Yoga teacher training in the future.
3 months before training starts: Full refund minus $200 administration fee plus bank fees.
No refund after March 20.
Payments are non-refundable but may be transferable.
If the training is canceled due to an unforeseen circumstance, 2Y Functional Yoga School will issue a full refund to all students (minus bank charges).